Online Career Transition Courses
Writing Dynamic Resumes and Cover Letters
Writing Dynamic Resumes and Cover Letters course proposes that finding the right job for starts with understanding who you are and being able to market your skills, abilities and experience to potential employers looking for what you have to offer. Therefore, your resume and cover letter are critically important in this process and our goal is to provide you with an opportunity to succeed by teaching you how to develop a resume and cover letter that is dynamic and conveys your skills, talents and qualities to potential employers.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Clearly understand the position you are applying for.
- Align your resume and cover letter to be consistent with the position.
- Identify relevant competencies for a position.
- Adapt your resumes to Applicant Tracking Systems (resume screening software).
- Write powerful and convincing accomplishment statements that demonstrate relevant evidence of competency for a specific position.
- Use the resume skills tier method to strengthen your resume.
- Write engaging career objective statements aligned to a job position.
- Take advantage of web resources to find power language for your resume.
- Create a strong resume in a format that is suitable both to your background and the position you’re interested in.
- Develop strong cover letters to help you achieve your career goals.
- Craft effective follow-up letters so you stand out from the competition.
The online course will be self-paced and can be completed in the comfort of your own home.
Other Career Transition Courses: